Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Recognizing Nothingness

“How difficult it is to be honest, to accept that I am unacceptable, to renounce self-justification, to give up the pretense that my prayers, spiritual insight, tithing, and successes in ministry have made me pleasing to God! No antecedent beauty enamors me in His eyes. I am lovable only because He loves me.” - Brennan Manning

What a hard pill to swallow. Christ loves us, and there is nothing more to do about it. All my perceived pride, brilliance and accomplishments, laid at His feet.

This idea never ceases to leave me breathless; speechless. You can't escape it and it consumes you when you acknowledge it let it envelop you. Like a flame sucking the oxygen out of the air as it envelops you.

Nothing else matters. You realize all those things that seemed important to you become insignificant.

There's a new realization; God is love, and that is all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...Tithing... hmmm... love this topic!

Y-O