Monday, March 22, 2010

Cuba Blog


Time to let the cat out of the bag. I went to Cuba in December, and contrary to popular belief, there are still cats in Cuba (meaning they are no longer part of a daily diet).

I went to Cuba because an opportunity opened up for me to go, and because I just had to go. There was a time last year where I had made a firm decision that I would never go, caught up in anger and pain over the injustices that are occurring on the island. Then I realized that there are people there, and that these people are desperate for something; anything besides the life of despair they live in. I met amazing people, cried with them, laughed with them; even met family I never knew existed because of time, pain and polarization. Going to Cuba changed me, yes. But more importantly, the Gospel changed me yet again. The term "Cubanaso Gospel" has taken on a whole new meaning for me.

I'm still working on my photo blog. The reality of Cuba makes me feel I need to be selective with the photos I post, lest I jeopardize people on the island. But it's a great story. I hope you enjoy it.

Here's the photo blog.

1 comment:

Victor said...

I can verify there are cats and dogs in Havana. Except around Chinatown, oddly.